Monday, January 14, 2013

Long Run Monday

Good Morning!

Welcome to Monday -- New Day, New Week, New start to your goals.

This week I decided to experiment a little with my food intake. I wanna monitor certain things i am putting in my body, to see if they are the reason for all the stomach pains i get randomly (at least once a week). I follow two sisters on Instagram @purlylori and @purlymichelle. They are currently learning more about what causes them the have the bloated belly syndrome...making it look like your 5 months pregnant. This is something that happens to me also.

Here are my Goals for January 14-20 ( week 1 )

-Increase water intake
-Eat foods slower
-Avoid highly ferment-able foods (minimal acidic fruits)
-Cut out dairy & wheat products.

I was told that this is similar to the Paleo diet. I'm doing to do more research into that form of eating. I'm not into the whole cutting things out of my diet unless its something that is causing me harm. So ...maybe use it as a guideline!

When I woke up this morning I had one word that popped into my mind. Ambition. I decided to need to put that word to us. As of today January 14, 2013 I will be posting a word of the week on my mirror and posting it on my IG feed, #aprilsmirror. Throughout the week whenever I feel I'm losing focus I wanna be able to go to my mirror and look at that word, then look at myself and remember what ambition means to me. I also left room on the page for me to write down what ambition means to me that moment. I wrote down focused this morning. I knew I was heading out for my long run, and i knew i would need to focus on my pace, breathing, pain, heart rate and overall posture.



 Like I just mentioned this morning was my LONG run. I did 9 miles today & abs.




After my workout I picked up my handsome boyfriends beautiful puppy Bella <3.



Then we headed back home to refuel with BLUEBERRY COCONUT PANCAKES!! mmm


3TBSP Coconut Flour
1TSP Baking Powder
1/3 CUP warm water

Cook on pan with coconut oil, top with sliced banana and blueberries heated up in the microwave.
I also drizzled PB2 on my pancakes :$ in LOVE.
Unfortunately I was SO excited to eat that I didn't take a picture :( I need to get better at that.

Have a great Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment