Monday, August 27, 2012

Back at it!

Good afternoon everyone out there! :D

I hope you have all been having a great Monday so far! Its my first full day off of work in a week! It feels good to be able to just relax and not constantly watching the time, you know how it is?

(Exactly! :P)

This morning I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast. I wish I had taken a picture, it was one of the prettiest oatmeal bowls I have ever eaten...that's saying a lot considering oatmeal usual look gross!

In my bowl I had:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup mixed raspberries & blackberries
1 egg white
*Topped it off with 
2tbsp FF cottage cheese

1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

So yummy. Oatmeal is such a great option for breakfast. It is so healthy, nutritious and versatile with what you mix in it. Keeps my tummy full and happy for hours!

After eating breakfast and getting ready for the morning, I took my pup out for a walk & then head to the gym. I had nothing particular in mind of what I was going to do today. I thought I would do a quick 1 mile warm up around our indoor track and then skip. After skipping, i ended up heading on over to the treadmill and ran another 5 mile HIIT! It felt so good to be running today.

I've taken some time away from running cause it was just causing me to feel exhausted and it was starting to feel like i was forcing myself to run. But its been a month since I last ran 10 km, it felt SO good to be back at it today.


(Must be the motivation from getting new runners the other day ;))


I was starving by the time I got home from the gym. Doing HIIT takes a lot out of you! It is such a great form of cardio if you are crunch for time. It's has more benefits in a shorter period of time then you standard "steady pace" does.

I made myself 3 egg whites with some Mrs. Dash "southwest chipotle" spice on top and microwaved it for 1:30 . I put the eggs on top of 1 brown rice, rice cake with hot sauce and spinach. On the side for a little sweetness I had an apple sprinkled with cinnamon.

Lunch time came around pretty quickly afterwards! I decided to try something new today for lunch! My first time ever trying Tilapia! Tilapia is an amazing lean white fish protein! I seasoned it with Mrs. Dash 'onion & herbs". On the side I had a colourful salad filled with veggies & fruits.
(Instagrammed ;))

Veggies: (celery,green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, carrots, sugar peas & spinach)
Fruits: (blueberries & a sliced up peach) topped the salad off with some balsamic vinegar! 


Have a great rest of your Monday! =)











No comments:

Post a Comment